Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Kitas!

When I found out I was pregnant, I started registering for Kitas, or daycare for the baby before she is 3 years old. This was in March 2014, and I am looking for a place from June 2015. I still did not get any answer at all, and I am afraid I do not have any chance before September 2015, which it would be fine.
In total we are registered in 18 places in Munich:

  • In the state kitas. This is almost impossible, we were told that they have over 1000 kids applying for 24 places. The price changes: if the family income is less thank 15k euros, it is for free; but if it is more than 60k, it is around 421 euros. More information: http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtverwaltung/Referat-fuer-Bildung-und-Sport/Kindertageseinrichtungen/gebueren-buchungszeiten.html 
  • Caritas Kita. This seems also very difficult. The day I went to register were so many women there, and when I asked how long was the waiting list they just laughed at me. The link to find the closest Caritas Krippe is http://www.caritas-nah-am-naechsten.de/Kindertagesstaetten/Kindertageseinrichtungen-Muenchen/Page011263.aspx. 
  • Private Kitas. When I have been visiting them there were only a couple of other mothers, but they did not give us also any hint if we would have a place or not, or how long is the waiting list. There are a few around us. The prices are around 800 euros, including food and in some cases diapers.
  • Elterninitiativen. These are daycare places led by the parents of the babies. I found them in this website http://www.elterninitiativen-muenchen.de/, but most of them are for kids that are over a year and a half or two years old. Parents are expected to have responsibilities, such as managing the waiting list, organising events of the Kita, going shopping, etc. Around 6 or 7 hours per month are expected. I think this is very interesting. The price is more expensive than the state kitas, but cheaper than the private ones - around 500 euros.
I contacted them this week again, and only a couple of them answered saying that will contact us around April-May if we are selected, and starting date would be september/october...
I have to start thinking in plan B: Tagesmutter. I will focus in finding a Tagesmutter next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment